Newcastle City Farmers Market is held at Newcastle Showground. There are amazing products on sale most Sundays of the month.
The produce and products available at the Farmers Market currently includes:
- Organic and conventionally grown/prepared foods including lamb, beef, pork, goat, chicken, duck, trout, salmon, oysters, eggs, salamis, charcuterie, pate, terrines, cured meats.
- Fruit and vegetables.
- Hand crafted patisserie delights.
- Hand made pasta.
- Cheese – goat, sheep and dairy cheeses organic and conventional.
- Milk, yoghurt, cream.
- Goats Milk
- Preserved foods including jams, sauces, chutneys, chillies, herbs
- Cakes, biscuits, slices, home made pies sausage rolls and pasties, French pastries, German pretzels, cakes and biscuits, Greek cakes and biscuits, quesadillas, Coloumbian food, Lebanese food, Tibetan food.
- Hot breakfasts, brunches and lunches.
- Olive oil, stuffed olives, tapénades, infused oils.
- Chai Tea.
- Gourmet coffee, teas and cordials
- Handmade chocolates
- Nuts, dried fruits, breakfast cereals, health food bars, antipasta.
- Organic sourdough and breads
- Handmade quilts, weaving, sewen products.
- Hemp clothing and skin care products.
- Orange Juice.
- Wooden Toys
- Handcrafted bread boards
- Fair Trade Products
- Handcrafted Soaps and beauty products
- Lavender Products
NSW Farmers Market Pty Ltd® has been operating farmers’ markets since 1999 when we trialled our very first farmers’ market at the Historical River Port of Morpeth, NSW.
In March 2000, along with other creative souls, we initiated the Original Fine Food Market at the Honeysuckle Railway Sheds, now the home of the Newcastle Museum, which were, sadly, to last a fleeting 8 months. Since those early trials and tribulations we have seen the establishment of farmers’ markets right across Australia that have mushroomed into an important food industry for both food producers and the public.
Over the many years we have introduced many new farmers and artisans to a supportive hungry crowd through our efforts. Many of these fine food and artisan market creators are still attending the market after all these years. We have said for many years that Farmers markets are good for product development, the local economy, sustainability, the environment and for tourism.
Newcastle City Farmers Market is one of our Company’s initiatives in the Hunter which started initially at the Broadmeadow Basketball Stadium late in 2004. Since early 2005 the market has called the Newcastle Showgrounds and Entertainment Centre our public space for bringing together local farmers, producers and hand-made artisans to 8,500* customers a week (last audit *August 2017). As well as the locals from many Newcastle suburbs and adjoining Lake Macquarie Council areas, customers from all walks of life come from all over the Hunter Valley, Mid-North Coast and Sydney to attend Newcastle City Farmers Market.
NSW Farmers Market Pty Ltd® also operate other quality farmers markets – Gosford City Farmers Market, Lake Macquarie City Farmers Market and Wyong City Farmers Market so that customers can easily support a local farmer and support our local rural communities.
Newcastle City Farmers Market®, Newcastle Food Market®, Newcastle Fine Food Market® are Registered Trademarks of NSW Farmers Market Pty Ltd®